- Gather background information on the local community
- Report on the socioeconomic distribution
- Report on the local resources provided by the land
- Report on the education and health metrics
- Impact Theories
- Hypothesize the effect of introducing this way of living to the community.
- Appeal to the needs of the university with an argument for BioSTEAD meeting those needs regarding carbon footprint, sustainable initiatives, student involvement, the campus’ image, so forth.
- Collaborate with the Handbook Committee about adding this vital information to the handbook, papers and proposals.
- Background in social thought and political economy and/or a drive to understand this discipline more
- Experience in gathering sociological data and synthesizing into a report and/or seeking this experience
- Able to work well in teams. Good interpersonal skills for collaborating with the community, the university and the other committees and/or a willpower to nurture this skill
- Being of any age, income, and culture