- Researches and manages the permits needed for this build in collaboration with the Design Committee
- Building, zoning, land, permission from UMass, etc.
- Purchases permits with the Finance Committee
- Write formal documents / contracts for open-sourcing the work that is done with the BioSTEAD that all development may be available to the public
- Experience with laws (zoning, etc.) in the context of building and/or seeks to gain this experience
- Strong formal document writing skills for the contracts and/or a drive to cultivate this skill
- Experienced in researching law and/or a motivation to gain this experience
- Able to work well in teams. Good interpersonal skills for collaborating with the other committees and/or a willpower to nurture this skill
- Being of any age, income, and culture
I am a UMass Amherst student studying electrical engineering, expecting to graduate in May 2016. I am fascinated by the nature of electricity and have taken recent interest into ecological building. The BioSTEAD Initiative offers me the opportunity to exercise my passions in renewable energy systems and green building. Come by for a cup of tea if you’d like the full story.